23 Nov 2012

DIY Knotted Headband

Dressing up little girls is always a very joyful experience. It doesn't matter then if they just a few weeks old. So, as soon as my cherub arrived, I started dreaming about accessorising her wardrobe.
The idea of making something by myself was extremely appealing. Although knowing my limited sewing skills, I decided to start small. 
With something simple. Like a headband. 
And so began the hunt for the easiest DIY tutorial. It was on the Google images that i stumbled upon this picture of pretty baby with a very very desirable headgear. And it lead me to this amazing woman's website http://www.lovestitched.com .



She has a very easy to follow step-by-step pictorial instructions. Although she does suggest to measure the headband a little smaller than the head as the jersey material invariably stretches.
Avital instruction if you want a well fitted headband. An instruction that I did not pay serious attention too. And now I have to wait for my baby's head to grow into it. 



Brittay of http://www.lovestitched.com has made some of these in dual colours, which are absolutely adorable. Will be trying that soon. 


1 comment: