2 Aug 2017

THE ME THAT I WANT TO BE....

I have made only a couple of new friends (and I do not use that term lightly), in the last 4-5 years. Some still going strong, and some slowly fading away as the distances and circumstances are changing for all parties involved. 

With each new association, I have learned something new about myself. Something new I learned to appreciate about myself. Something new I wanted to change. With each chatty evening I have gained wisdom from their experiences. Broadened my horizon to the very complex human nature. Marvelled how different we are all to each other and still how similar we are!

But then, isn't life a continuos journey of learning and of self discovery!

Also, i have grown. And i have grown so much. 
I can now -
  • Take criticism in a constructive way.
  • Filter the opinions of people that truly matter to me and just ignore the rest.
  • Say NO!!! (although i do slip on this one.)
  • Take a compliment, without replying with a self-deprecating comment! (its much harder than it sounds).
I am loving this constant challenge of making myself a better and happier person. As someone rightly said-
Life isn't about finding oneself. Life is about creating oneself.


No comments:

Post a Comment