4 Nov 2015

I HAD TOO MUCH TO DREAM LAST NIGHT

Title - I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night by Electric Prunes



Perfectionist-procrastinator!

No it does not mean someone who "perfectly puts off doing things’’. I am not sure if this is actually a thing. But I would use this phrase to define myself. For I put off doing things, because I know I can not do them perfectly.
"Don’t bother. You are not good enough anyway."  "Its not worth the risk of failing."
 These are the most common, self-limiting thoughts that run through my head every-time I decide to do something creative.
The fear of failure. The fear of rejection. The fear of not being good enough.
That is what has been keeping me away from writing anything here. What if someone read my blog, and then judged it all to be very mediocre. I mean, I go literally putting my heart out there, and someone reads it and goes -''Bleh!''

Ficklefingers was born to keep me motivated. To be a journal. To be an outlet to whatever creative force I was feeling at the moment. Be it cooking, or sketching, photographing or just collecting random thoughts. This blog was for me. And thats what I need to remember at all times.

I don't have to be perfect! I dont even have to be ''good-enough''. I just need to keep going!!

Image sourced from Pinterest


I believe we all are born creative.

When I ask my Tiger-lily, if she can draw a horse? She replies with all of her 3yr old confidence, ‘Yes mumma, I can!’ Even if she just drawing a big circle with spider-legs, she is not afraid to share the picture of beautiful ‘horse’ she has made……

Is there a point, when you just unlearn creativity? Is it when you start comapring yourself with peers? Or masters long gone before?

Image sourced from Pinterest

Like everything else, creativity is a habit. Something that I can practice and with each day, get better at. Just need to remember not to critically judge myself. To stop over-thinking and just be!!
This is my space, and I intend to enjoy it.  :) 


2 comments:

  1. True and you are most creative girl Neha .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete